Casco Viejo is the historic old quarter of Panama City. Established in 1673 by the Spanish, the area was declared a World Heritage site in 1997 by UNESCO and is currently undergoing extensive historic restoration.
Las Clementinas is a restored 1930s-era building now housing a cafe, bar and 6-room boutique hotel, with a hidden grotto garden and an additional garden at street level. IPC redesigned the courtyard garden, with its deed-protected, twin 50-year-old 80-foot-tall palm trees, integrating a diversity of species from tropical latitudes around the world. The garden now serves as a peaceful garden refuge and accommodates outdoor dining for the Clementinas restaurant.